Wednesday, March 20, 2013

From now on...


I'm living in Colorado! Expect to see lots of these if you come here...

It’s been so long time since the last time I wrote an entry here. For those nonexistent readers that might be curious to know what has been of me in the last months, I’ll provide a quick update of what I’ve been doing...

-I took the GRE and did far better than what I was expecting in the grammar section, not as good as expected in the math section and completely not as expected in the essay section (Meaning really bad). Ironically, I took the TOEFL and my essay score was great... Of course you cannot compare an essay that it's supposed to measure how good is your English to an essay to see how good is your critical thinking...

-I applied to a single doctorate program and got rejected. I was good but not good enough for that school, or so they say…

-I successfully finished my thesis and graduated on May.

-Moved to Denver, CO.

-I got a job as an Operations Analyst.

-Bought a car (Against my best judgment).

-Got promoted to "Senior" Operations Analyst.

So yeah, that’s a summary of the things I’ve done so far.

Now if someone was to ask me about my plans after these 2 years. I’d tell him that the only thing I’m sure of is that I’m not sure of anything. The company I work for right now is a nice place, but I really do wish to get a PhD... Makes me feel like one of those guys that remember with nostalgia their university years and wish to go back to school... Either way, my previous attempt kind of let me down, particularly considering that I might need to take the GRE again, but still, I have to admit that I could have put more from my part…

No comments:

Post a Comment